NAHN Scholarships: Accepting Applications May 1 through May 31.
NAHN Scholarships are awarded annually to active NAHN members enrolled in accredited LVN/LPN, associate, diploma, baccalaureate, and graduate nursing programs. Scholarship recipients are a select group of nursing students who demonstrate promise of professional contributions to the nursing profession and who have the potential to act as role models for other aspiring nursing students.
The number of scholarships offered each year is dependent upon the amount of money in the scholarship fund. Members are encouraged to donate to support future scholarships. The selection of recipients is based on many factors including need, current academic standing, course of study, supporting documentation, and other factors. Grant opportunities and eligibility requirements are described below.
All applicants must be:
- NAHN members in good standing before the application deadline. To become a NAHN member, visit our membership page and click the Join Now button.
- Attending/enrolled in an accredited full-time nursing program.
Application, Notification & Announcement
The new scholarship application period will begin May 1 and end May 31, 2022. The applications will be posted on May 1, and it is strongly recommended that applicants not to wait until the last day to submit your application. Successful scholarship applicants will be notified by email and recipients will be honored in person at the NAHN Annual Conference.
- The scholarship application period begins May 1, 2022
- The scholarship application period ends May 31, 2022
To help prepare for your application, NAHN recommends that you begin gathering the following materials, which will be required to by all applicants in order to be considered:
- 2 letters of recommendation (must include your name and list the scholarships for which you are applying)
- Official transcripts showing your current enrollment in a nursing program
- Resume or CV
- Nursing program acceptance letter
- Personal essay (up to 500 words)
- Optional letter from your Chapter President