COVID Immunization Help Needs
Attention: Alabama NAHN Members
We are sharing the notice below on behalf of the Jefferson County Department of Public Health, in furtherance of our state’s continuing efforts to protect Alabama citizens from COVID-19.
The Jefferson County Department of Health (JCDH) is currently working with the Alabama Department of Health (ADPH) to develop plans to vaccinate Jefferson County residents when a COVID-19 vaccine becomes available. As the local health department, JCDH is responsible for coordination of a pandemic vaccine response with other organizations in our area which includes providing vaccinators to staff Point of Dispensing (POD) sites such as mass vaccination and drive-thru clinics.
We are currently recruiting Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants and Paramedics who are interested in working on a temporary basis to ensure residents of our county are vaccinated. Primary job duties will include conducting interviews, administering intramuscular, subcutaneous and/or intradermal injections, disinfection of work area, and vaccine inventory and storage.
- Registered Nurses must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alabama, or a state with reciprocity.
- Licensed Practical Nurses must be currently licensed by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- Medical Assistants must be currently certified as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association (NHA).
- Paramedics must possess a current Paramedic License and National Registry certification
- All applicants must have a current CPR certification
Hours of operation will vary and may include weekdays, evenings and weekends. We are open to part-time and full-time hours. We anticipate the work lasting approximately three months but it may continue for longer. These are temporary positions so no benefits are available.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please click on the link below to apply:
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call Christy Ivey at 205-930-1549 or Human Resources at 205-930-1555.